Could you respond to someone who says that having more than 1 child is just not OK?

"I always say to others moms that having 1 child is more than enough...you should think about your future and being a role model for your child. Had decided to have more children I wouldn't accomplish all the sucess that I have today?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd respond, "Well count me a failure in your eyes then because I have three and wouldn't trade it for anything."

And maybe something about one man's junk being another man's treasure......
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• They can blow me. We have 17 children. (One bio, the rest are fosters or adopted.)
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 6:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• lol. all i would be able to do is laugh. i can't respond to that. thats somewhat selfish, IMO
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• That comment is so close minded and ignorant it doesn't deserve a response.......everyone's life is different I guess.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Success can also be measured in having raised your children to be moral. honest, productive citizens who give back to their community & live to make a difference in their world. If you look at it according to this quote, some might suggest that having only one child, who was raised in a way that ensured your own personal successes, this person is not as successful as some one who raised several children with the previously mentioned qualities.

I think it all depends on how you define success
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would respond, "good for you, keep up that positive attitude. Then you can use it to make yourself feel better when you are old and your child abandons you for their life. Because you have no other kids to enjoy."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Tell them thats a personal opinion, and you personally don't agree. Everyone has different feelings on the "ideal" family size. I want 2. 2 parents, 2 children. But I have friends with up to 6. Its all relative.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i would tell them to keep their opinions to theirselves and when they day comes that they have to take care of my kids then they can talk.i have 3 and possibly wanting another!
    1armywifey

Answer by 1armywifey at 7:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• big families show more values. sharing, interaction. things like that.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009