• In the Spotlight:

Will your husband stay overnight with you at the hospital?

Do husbands usually stay over at the hospital after you give birth?? I'm working with some friends who will be watching my stepson for us while I'm in labor but I don't know if we should plan for hubby to be with me overnight? Or does it make more sense for him just to come home and come back in the morning? What do you all plan to do?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my hubby didnt. he stayed with his parents who lived 10 minutes down the road.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I know my friend's hubby spent the night at the hospital (it was their first). I was single when I had my daughter and spent the night by myself. If my hubby isn't deployed when the next one comes I will send him home.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my hubby stayed the night with our first we lived an hour away from the hospital they are allowed to stay in most hospitals so its really up to you. with this one he is deployed so it won't matter. it might be easier on your step son if his daddy comes home, then again it might be easier on you if your dh stays and helps when the baby wakes up at night, unless you are going to have baby stay the night in the nursery. or if you have a c-sec he can help you at night when you need to get up to pee etc...that way you don't have to page a nurse each time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Damn right he stayed with me..he thought it would be unfair if got to leave and have a goodnights sleep while I was stuck at the hospital. He was there for me every step of the way.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I feel hubby had the easy part he should stay and watch over things to let mom get some sleep.
    Anonymous

• my SO BETTER be staying with me. if not i just might have to whoop him. but with my first one my mom stayed with me because i was "single" at the time. even though my kids will have the same daddy, we were just not together or speaking at the time. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• lol, my SO doesn't have a choice. He WILL be staying with me.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'd make arrangements for him to stay with you (just in case there are any complications) but if all is well, there is no reason why he shouldn't go home and get a good nights rest...one of you is going to need it. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My husband was having surgery the next day so he went home. I completely understood. I would have felt bad if he would have had to sleep in a chair and get no sleep at all!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 6:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my husband staie with me all 3 days we were there .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009