how to discipline step kids

i am a mother to my 15 year old daughter, a 14 year old step son and a 9 year old step son. My husband says that I don't treat his boys like I do my daughter. How do you love your stepkids the same as your biological kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• how does he feel you are treating them differently? im not a step parent, but i would ask him in what ways he thinks its different and try to work on those areas.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think you need to find out how he thinks you treat them differently. Step parents often feel it's not their place to discipline their stepkids, and if that's where he feels the difference is, then you would need to discuss together what you each feel comfortable with you doing for discipline. If it's something else, you can't address it and try to rectify it until you know what it is. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009