I just don't think I'm what he wants...

My SO comes up to me and I am eating something. He says to not eat that and that I will never lose weight. Then he compares me to this really skinny lady who has had three kids. I'm sick of him making me feel bad about myself. I keep telling him that if he wants a skinny lady, to not be with me anymore and find someone who is thin. I was never fat to begin with but I'm not super skinny. I already hate myself and he keeps making it worse. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have told my husband when i was on a diet to remind me not to eat certain things but if u didnt ask him too then hes being really rude and unsupportive. I would tell him how you feel first and see what he says. Maybe he thinks he is being encouraging when all its doing is making you feel worse. Men can be so clueless about things like that.
    Anonymous

• He should love you for the person that you are. Who cares if you put on a few extra pounds. That doesnt make you any different of a person then you were before.
    Anonymous

• honestly. please dont report me because i am just telling you what i would do...
    i would tell him to suck a fat one and leave me alone.
    ask him have a lemon inside him and having to feed it for nine months and then pop it out his pee hole
    then tell him if he doesnt like the way you look to just leave you and get on with his life
    and get up and walk away after throwing something (not harmful) across the room
    but im also pregnant and would FLIP if my SO said that to me right now....
    =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• LOL...mommy kayti...:-D

I'm the OP.
    Anonymous

• Try talking seriously with him. Say to him that you know he is trying to be helpful, but that it is actually being hurtful. From what you wrote, I suspect you have done this already. If he ignores your feelings, then the writing is on the wall and you should be planning your life without him to drag you down.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'd bitchslap his ass, then call the skinny hoe with 3 kids and tell her she's got a new "man" if she wants him!
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 7:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• tell him your more woman then her. and your not sorry. and your not going to change for him. screw that. besides i think curves are better anyway. if he keeps making you feel bad tell him he aint worth it.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would tell him "when he looks like Brad Pitt I will go for a makeover".
    Anonymous