My friend told me as a joke she wants to kill her child

i didnt take it very lightly.And now i want to do something,am i over reacting???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, I would definitely do something about it. ...Two words....CASEY ANTHONY.
    Anonymous

• I would have to hear the joke and know the context. Some people have an attitude if NEVER saying things like that, others feel totally comfortable saying it knowing that they'd NEVER act like that. EIther way, I'd have to hear more to really have an opinion.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 6:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Oh please. You have never said, "I'm gonna kill that kid!" If not, just wait till they are older. You will
    You said she was joking. So, you want to ruin her life because she made a stupid joke???
    Anonymous

• if you DONT say something and they find her kid dead and then find out she said something to you about it, you could get in PLENTY of trouble.
    i would say something.
    but not because i was offended, just because i wouldnt want to be in trouble later just in case.
    but it does offend me.
    hmm idk how to explain how i feel.
    i guess all i can say is, yes, say something, but yes i think you're over reacting....
    it sounds so weird. ill just leave it at that lol
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well what exactly did she say? How old is the child? When my friend's son drew all over her walls and emptied the soap bottles on the floor, she said she could kill the kid. She didn't mean it. I have told people that I'm going to sell my toddler on Ebay. I have no intention of ever getting rid of my kid. I also tell her I'll beat her up, and then I proceed to gently bump her over the head with a coloring book, piece of paper, paper towel roll, etc. We laugh and it helps relieve the stress.

Do you actually think she's going to hurt the child? If not, is it worth getting her kid taken away from her?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Without jumping to the sick momies of the world; yes call someone!!! She might be actually calling out for help. This is your friend you should beable to tell her just kidding from her I'm saying I'm kidding but I might voice, and I beleive you do because your seeking guidance!!! Call lifeline 585-275-5151 or 411 for 888 line, they are anomous and can direct you to the right choice to make!!! If she needs help can you keep the baby for her, she's going to need encouragement and what she doesn't know won't hurt her for now as long as a baby'slife is saved!!! Best of luck, my prayers are with all 3 of you.

ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• "I have told people that I'm going to sell my toddler on Ebay."

Ha my mom use to say she was gonna get a poster board and sel us at a garage sale . lol

OP: i woud had to have heard what she said. you your self said it was a joke so it must not had been a seriously said thing.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Over the last 13 years, I have said this, oh, maybe 1,000,000 times. Said it about my spouse, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• how was it said. I know i am guilty of saying i am so gonna kill that kid and i totally didnt mean literally.
    Anonymous

• omg.......... over reacting a joke is a joke
    rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009