Does any one have a Kindle?

Do you like it? Pros? Cons?

Tetona

Asked by Tetona at 6:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wish I had one, but just because it is the new must have gadget no other reason.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wish that I had one. It would be great if they would also get text books on things like those!
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 6:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• it would be great if college textbooks could be on a Kindle, if they were cheaper.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 6:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I must leave my bubble one day, I never heard of it lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• what in the world is a Kindle
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It is an electric book storage device. It can hold 1,500 books on it. It is sold on Amazon.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 6:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have one and I absolutely love it. I was skeptical at first, but after I got started, I didn't even notice the difference between it and the paperback, with the exception that I could always hold the kindle with one hand while holding a cup of tea/cookie with the other, and still turn the page. I've gotten one for my mother who has difficulty with reading due to the small print size, and not all books are printed in large type. With the kindle, she just has to increase the font size. It has a long battery life, short charge time, and small enough that I can carry it in my purse.

The only downside-- it is an electronic device. I haven't gotten the guts to read it in the bathtub yet, mainly because if I drop it, I'd be afraid it would drown. The only improvement I would request is a waterproof version.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I just got mine a few days ago and LOVE it!!! I love to reread books and this allows me to take my entire "library" with me. Also, where I live bookstores are 45min to and hour away so being able to instantly download them without having to have a computer is very convenient. I think I will miss reading in the tub though. Not like I got to do that all that often anyway....but still...

lmharper

Answer by lmharper at 1:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009