How long before the bleeding stops from my stiches from having my son?

I had my son a month ago and at first it was like a normal period and now i get it every other day it seems..

angelkcm2

Asked by angelkcm2 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im not sure my dr told me last wek after having my daughter that it could take 6 weeks sometimes less. he said once in a while for some women it can be 8 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The bleeding usually lasts 2-4 weeks, but it's not from your stiches it's your uterus cleaning out.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 6:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i would say between three and eight weeks.
    the "average" is six
    but some are shorter and some are longer
    if its still happening at your six week checkup then i would ask them to take a look at them, if they dont plan to already
    =]
    congrats on the baby =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Ya, everyone is different. It took me 6 weeks. Sometimes it was heavy and sometimes not to heavy. What I was doing all day had alot to do with it. If I was on my feet all day I remember it being a little worse. Good luck!
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• was it a csection? I had an episyotomy with my first..my stitches never bled. However with all 3 kids I bled for over 8 weeks like a heavy period. All women are different.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• keep track of how much you are bleeding. i stopped bleeding about a week after my son was born, but then started getting occational gushes of bleeding.... i ended up going in for a D&C- the doctor didnt get all of the placenta out and i ended up with a bad infection. so watch it and def talk to the doctor about it just to make sure. good luck sweety and congrats!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009