Birthday Cakes...

I am taking on the task on making my sons 2nd birthday cake. I am looking for ideas for rich tasty frosting. Do you use the premade kind or do you make one from scratch? Can I have your reciepe? What kind do you prefer? Do you use Fondant? Anytips on making a birthday cake? How and what do you use to make your frosting?
Thanks

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would def go with a homemade icing. I don't have a recipe that I can share, but you could try searching for some online. Good Luck!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I made a curious george cake for my son last year. I used boxed cake mix and canned frosting. That fact that I made a cake rather than going out and buying a premade cake is what made the difference to me. I think it is all about preference. My cake was cute and all the kids that came ate it up. Didn't even have enough to give away.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I got my recipe of a canister of baking cocoa, Hersheys. It was petty good
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009