He pulls us from room to room. How can I break him from this?

He will pull us from the living room to his room and wants us to just sit in there with him. It's adorable for the first hour... Obviously , I can tell him no. Then he cries and breaks my heart. It's not really bothering me it's just something that is constant. He Just turned 2 this month. Any suggestions.

lincsmom74

Asked by lincsmom74 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• buy him a REALLY exciting toy that stays in one room (which ever room you prefer) interact with him and the toy to get his mind off of going from room to room

my son tells me to sit with him
    then he says "mom, lets talk." and doesnt say anything
    or he'll sit me down and say "mom do you have a question for me?" and ill say no. do you have a question for me? and he'll just say "i dont think so, let me think" and just sit there and not say another word. its hillarious but SO time consuming sometimes!!

my grandma told me my dad use to take her to the basement stairs, make her walk all the way down, sit her down, sit down with her, then get up and walk away. ALL the time

im guessing its just a phase. my son only did it for about three months lol
    it will pass with time though!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• he probably just wants you to play with him. maybe if you initiate playing more? i would also try to encourage him to talk when he wants you to go to a diff room, my daughter did this and us not telling her to talk when she did it helped to make her speech delay even longer. maybe putting some of his fave toys in the living room so that he can play in there and still be around you guys?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thats kind of what he does with us. He takes us to his room, sits us down and sometimes just up and leaves. I never thought of an exciting toy. Thanks!
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No problem! =] it helped us TREMENDOUSLY!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It might be a faze, or yo could be creating a monster. Whats OK at 2 isnt so good at 4-5. You need to be able to tell him no and teach him boundaries before he gets too old, then it will harder. When he wants to drag you room to room , tell him not right now, or to wait a few minutes. You can also ask him what he wants to show you. If its not convenient to leave the room you are in try to distract him and keep him where you are. One thing I did when my kids were that age was have them draw pictures of what they want to show me (or any picture at all) . It helps their creativity, and also distracts them. Hope this helps!
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 10:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009