what would you do

if your daughter cam up to you and said i was pregnant would you help are would you make them give it up ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You daughter said you were pregnant? Huh?
    Anonymous

• Well, it's happened twice to me. My daughter was 19 though, same as I was. Of course, she was living on her own and supporting herself, so there wasn't much I could do. If she is living at home, that decision lies in your hands. Do you want to raise another child? Do you want to support a child? Personally, I couldn't have done it. I was a single mom at that time, still raising my other daughter.

My oldest knew, she had to do it herself. She wound up having another a year ago. She is having a struggle, but it was her decision and she knows she has to deal with it. Of course, I enjoy being grandma, but that's it.
    Anonymous

• LOL
    rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 7:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• hahhah you don't sound educated enough to have a child - let alone have a grandchild on the way!
    Anonymous

• I hope that I'd support her emotionally and help her get prepared to support herself and her child financially.

Answer by Bmat at 7:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would help her. That is your child there is no possible way I would EVER turn my child away and tell them I would not help them.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 7:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I was in the boat your daughter is. If my mom would have attempted to "make" me give him up, either abort OR adopt him out, I probably would have moved out and never spoke to her again.
    I would leave the decision up to her and let her tell you what she wants to do and you should support her. It's the best thing for her. Make her get a job and pay for the baby on her own and get state help for formula diapers and everything else. Also make her go after the father for child support, whether or not he's helping with the baby. It's only fair.
    Good luck to you
    and PM me if you want to talk. I was in this boat, like I said and can tell you my experience if you want to hear it =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Def support her 100%. let her know that you wish sheda been more careful maybe. but support her. dont put her down, dont be dissappointed-things happen sometimes. but its really important to support her right now more than ever. she needs her mom. she needs the guidance.
    my mom flipped out when she found out i was prego with my first, i was 17. but it seemed like the time i needed her the most, she turned her back on me. me and her havent been close ever since. just civil.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thank goodness I don't have daughters. If one of my sons had been responsible for something like that, he would have to step up and get married. Yes, I believe that a child needs both parents, and he would have to be there for everything and not just sending $$ in the mail. Thank goodness that never happened!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• help all i could. but tell her this is her responsability.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009