He was abused so he shot his father!!

So my SIL is 14 and is dating a boy who is 16. He says he was abused by his father and because of that he shot him.didn't kill him or severly hurt him, but he still shot him. He also has anger issues caused by the suposed abuse. My question to you all is would you let your 14 YO DD date a 16 YO boy with anger issues who shot his own father?

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 7:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• NO!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't let a 14 yo date period and not one with anger issues at all.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No Way i Couldnt Sit There Wondering What Could Happen.
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 7:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• ummm...well first off my daughter wouldn't be dating at the age of 14-not appropriate. Second, when my daughter was the age that I approved of dating, and she met this kid, I would have to meet him and get to know him before I made any ignorant snap judgements about him. Especially if I didn't know the whole story, just one side of it. Always remember, there are two sides of a story.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'll be damned if I'd let my 14 YO DD date a 16 YO boy who had anger issues and had shot his dad. I can't believe DH's parents are allowing her to see him because they are strict protective parents. I do not want this boy around my kids anymore and I am so shocked that DH's parent's are allowing her to see him. It's ridiculous!

Just thought I'd give my answer since I didn't say how I felt about it
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 7:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• honestly i wouldnt let my 14 year old date anyways, but especially not this boy, at least not now, not until she's old enough to control her hormones and emotions, which might not be until 21 or even later for some lol
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't let a 14 year old date, period. I definately wouldn't let her date a boy that has anger issues and shot someone. Abuse doesn't make it ok to shoot someone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• and what exactly do you mean about "supposed abuse" you think this kid made up a story about his father abusing him? why in the right mind would a kid make up a story about that?? that doesn't even make any sense!! that is probably the basis of his anger issues! ever think of it that way?
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The reason I say suposed is because, from his own mother's mouth, she's not even sure he was abused. She told my MIL about it and said she's not sure he was even abused she thinks it was just his anger.

My SIL says she is in love with him and they are getting married one day and they haven't even been together 6 months.

And just to put it out there she will be 15 in June.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 7:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Interesting. Sorry DD or DS is not dating at 14....maybe 16 with a "B" average and MY supervision. :) lol

Anyway, taking into account my attendence *shrugs* sure I would be there to see how they interact and be able to make an informed decision..that would be the best thing, right.
    malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009