How do you get your husband to trust you!!!

My husband and I have been on the rocks for a while and now he is accusing me of cheating on him. I admit I haven't been in THE MOOD lately but I am completely stressed out. I work 12 hour shifts as a police dispatcher and when I get home I do all the cooking, cleaning, bathing, ect. I have told him this but he swears I am lying and that I am having an affair. Someone please help with a way I can make him believe me or should I just take my chances and run!!!

AmberWiley

Asked by AmberWiley at 7:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I have always found that the one making the ridiculous false accusations is usually the one doing the dirty deed.

As for my husband, I have never had to make him believe me...he simply has.  If he didn't we wouldn't have gotten married.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You shouldn't have to make your husband trust you....that comes along with being your husband.

There is nothing you can do to MAKE him trust you. He just needs to. And if he can't understand that tiredness and stress can change things, then maybe you two should try couples counseling.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i agree with anetrnlov.
    usually the one accusing is the one being "bad"
    i would ask him why he thought this, and where in the world you would get time to cheat?
    get a copy of your time card from work and show him
    or just wait till your paycheck comes and tell him to add it up himself.
    you dont have time for that
    especially if your doing all the house work
    on top of all this
    tell him to help out more!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Quit trying to prove what is not happening. Just tell him that you are sorry he feels that way and that you hope he soon sees how silly an idea it really is. Don't waste the energy trying to prove to him what he probably already knows. He is just being insecure. That's his issue not yours.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Either you have given him reason to not trust you, or he is the one cheating. If he's cheating, he's accusing you to make himself feel better. I'd question him if I were you.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009