Post partum tampon question.. TMI

Ok so this might seem like a silly question but is it possible to forget how to put a tampon in? Lol, sorry for the stupidity of that question. I havent had my period in about 14 months due to pregnancy and then I just didnt get it for a few months after my son was born. I know youre suppose to wait 6 weeks post partum to use tampons, ive waited about 5 months. However it still hurts when I put it in. Sometimes I feel sharp pains in that area and have to take it out and just use a pad. Or sometimes it'll be really tight when I try to insert it. Could I just be putting it in wrong? Or since its been a while could my body just not be familiar with it? Is this common after you have a baby? Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry for the TMI

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• I have. Remember things have changed down there, so the angle you need to insert them may be different then what you are used to. I also had to switch to OB brand. I could not wear the others anymore, it was painful. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I doubt you "forgot", things have probably just changed down there. My sister and I both had to switch to pads after we had babies because tampons were too uncomfortable.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i also suggest changing brands and positions you are inserting.
    if that doesnt help then go to the gyno
    and just ask
    they've heard worse im sure
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009