Urinitating in the middle of an aisle

Went to walmart wearing white pants and hot pink panties..
I've been having menstrual cramping as well as inner thigh/vaginal pains.
Well my BIL made a joke and made me laugh. All the sudden I feel a gush and urinate myself. Not just a little but a whole lot. I was standing in a puddle. Now I've laughed so hard before that I've pee'd myself before..But it was always just a little trickle. I was so embarrased I all but ran to the car. Any of you ever experienced this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All the time. How many kids have you had? You can talk to your gyno about it. Normally it is ususally a little like you said, but there have been times.... I started wearing pads all the time from it. But you are not alone.
    Anonymous

• I have not, however if you have had a child (which I assume since you are on CafeMom) or if you are pregnant, then incontinence is not uncommon, especially when sneezing or laughing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• First you need to check with your Dr to make sure you don't have a urinary tract infection. Then I suspect you should be doing about 100 Kegels a day. These are the muscle of the pelvic floor. tighten them and relax..20 at a time 5 times a day. You can do them anywhere. Nobody can tell you are doing them the motion is the same one used to stop a flow of urination. The stronger they are the less'leak' you'll have. A great side effect is it can..um... make a big difference during intercourse if timed right.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I am currently 8 months pregnant. I've never pee'd on myself when I hadnt been pregnant. I have a 2 year old now. I was litterally in tears standing in a puddle. Wearing white pants, so you could deffinately tell they were soaked. I just never experienced urinating that much before especially in the garden section surrounded by people. :(
    Anonymous

• very true what grneyedgrandma said
    just listen to her!!!
    but yeah its normal when laughing and coughing or sneezing.
    if my SO tickles me enough ill just literally pee all over him.
    he gets pretty pissed but, hey, i warned him!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Wait, I didn't understand you to be pregnant. Are you sure your water didn't break??!! It is possible since you have been feeling those pains!
    Anonymous

• <---- Maybe I should have included in the question that I am 8 months pregnant. Not just having issues controlling my bladder... :)
    -O.P
    Anonymous

• Are you sure it was pee? When you say that you felt a gush, that to me says your water broke.

I would talk to your doctor ASAP. Its better to be safe than sorry.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Didn't you know you are supposed to carry a big jar of pickles everywhere so when your water breaks in public you throw it on the floor and say "clean up, I'm SOOO sorry!"
    Seriously get checked and update us k?
    Anonymous

• It smelled like urine. And it was a faint yellow color.
    Anonymous