why won't my son eat?

he is 16 moths old. he stopped eating about 8 months ago. the only nourishment he gets is through a feeding tube and pediasure.

lynrae27

Asked by lynrae27 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If your doctor can't find an answer, find another doctor. This is not normal!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• rkoloms said EXACTLY what i was going to say. good luck to you and i hope your baby boy gets better!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree this is not normal have his throat and mouth muscles checked and have them do a swallow study on him(if you haven't already).My son has alot of trouble eating too,but it is getting better.Don't give up.
    swtangelksses

Answer by swtangelksses at 8:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• see if you can take him to a specialist at a children's hospital, like Shriner's or St. Jude's
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 10:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I can't answer that question. You gave us nothing to work with. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear this. I have a cousin who is almost five, he will not eat either. He has a feeding tube also. They have been to numerous doctors and clinics, the best answer they have gotten is it is a type of autism. Anything else I could help you with message me.
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009