Do you think your hubby love you more than his own mother?

So, I was just reading this thing online and it got me thinking...Obviously his mom was his whole world when he was growing up (I know that I am my son's whole world!!) And then all of a sudden he meets me (or obviously in your case you) and now all of a sudden good ole mom is second place?? Well, in my hubbys case that better be so. But then I was thinking, I am going to be HEARTBROKEN, when my son pulls this "stunt" on me!! Or am I just absolutely crazy??

CarieP

Asked by CarieP at 7:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He loves me waaaay more on account he doesn't know his momma. ;)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 7:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't think of it as losing a son but as gaining a daughter-in-law. But I do know what you mean. I think I will be sad when he grows up and finds "another woman" but I will be happy at the same time.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• well, damn, I wish I had that situation...but he obviously has to love me more than his mom because his mom is just...MIL ya know??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yeah...its just so damn sad...I have never ever thought of this before...now I think I get the whole entire mother in law thing...I totally get it. We stole there babies. And someday someone is going to steal my baby and I am going to hate her.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Holy shit I just had a fricken epiphany

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Why would you wish that your husband didn't know his mom?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• He loves you both in different ways. His mother is a physical part of him. He loved her during the years that he was growing up, probably found her irritating when he was a teen, and now loves her with a mature feeling based on past experience and familiarity. The love is different from the love he feels for you. You are all of him, not just part. He loves you as a man loves his wife, it is a whole other thing. Just has his love for his children is different yet. Your son will always love you as his mom, this won't change when he gets married.

Answer by Bmat at 8:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i agree with bmat. and honestly i think my SO loves his mom more.
    no joke.
    i think she would honestly come before me if it were life or death.
    but im not positive. ill ask him when he gets home from work tonight...
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Don't worry about someone stealing your baby. When he is old enough to get married he no longer has the childish neediness for you, even though he still will appreciate your emotional support, and he'll likely come to you for advice. I have two married sons. I just hoped that they would find women who would treat them right and make them happy, and I believe that they did. There is no sense of them stealing my babies, rather it is a sense of them caring for someone I love and doing right by him.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I will be thrilled when my son meets that special girl who adores him as much as I do. I can't wait to have a daughter in law but I want to have a wonderful relationship with her. I just hope I don't have one too soon my son is only 2.lol
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009