Did I handle this the right way???

A few years ago my hubby's exgirlfriend contacted him and invited only him to out to dinner with her because she wanted to catch up. She knew that he was married to me and only wanted him there. He graciously declined. We again hear from her and she is emailing him. He is short and nice in answering the emails. Well she just sent him a friend request on Facebook. I told him that I did not like the idea of him having contact with her because I felt she was being just a bit pushy and I asked him to deny the friend request. I know my hubby loves me and he did deny the friend request and asked her not to contact him again. Would you have asked your dh/SO to do the same thing? I now feel bad about it but I just think it is weird that she has been trying to start up a friendship again with him and not include me in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You absolutely did the right thing...do not second guess yourself, girl! that is suspicious that this ex knows he is married and wants to have a friendship with only him...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes!!!!!!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think you did the right thing nobody who wants to be friends just with youre housben its not right .I think she wanted something eals !
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have asked DH to deny the request because I'm friends with a few of my exes (he knows, and he comes with me when I hang out with them on occasion). But in your case, I'd definitely be suspicious; she only wants contact with him, and that's not right. She knows he's married, she should know better!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You did the right thing.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Good for you!!! You not only stood your ground but stated how you felt. He's a keeper, he respected you, your feelings, your thoughts, and backed up your suspitions! If he had not he would have done what he wanted and who knows what kind of question you would have had then!!! Also kudo's for not taking from his manhood. You have a good partnership!!!! Wish you many more years of sucess to your relationship with your hubby!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i think you are doing the right thing. no worries!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think you did the right thing. If I ever contacted one of my exes, it would be only to catch up and be friends, and I would have no problem including their current spouse/girlfriend/whatever. The fact that she is excluding you tells me that she is not looking to just catch up and be friends. And it shows a lot about your relationship with your hubby that he heard you and did as you asked.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Don't feel bad. I would have done the same... and so would my dh!
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Absolutely, you did the right thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009