Why do people put their little kids in pageants?

I have always wondered why do people put there kids in pageants? Is it so they can feel good about themselves as parents or make the kids feel more into themselves?

I dont have a problem with them hope you dont. I just always wondered that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• to validate the fact that their child is cute. apparently some people need the input of someone else to love their child as much as everyone else. it is gross to hooker up little kids.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 8:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Because they want thier children enjoyed as much as they enjoy them.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Supposely it builds self esteem. I personally have watched those shows on tv. Its really sad ... seems like alot of it is rigged. And the series ones the same kids r winning. I swear its more for the mother.
    Anonymous

• They get to dress their children up like dolls- the fancy clothes, the makeup, the hairstyles. They say the little girls enjoy it and that it gives them experience talking in front of people and more self-confidence. I like to watch the little miss perfect or whatever the name is shows that they have on TV. The girls seem to like it well enough. The mom's sometimes get kind of mean. One mom disturbed me when she commented that her husband didn't like the thousands she spent on costumes for the pageant, that he wanted to put it toward college, but the mom said that the girl was getting an education this way- singing and speaking in front of people.

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Fake tan, fake teeth, fake hair, fake leashes..... whew must i go on. I dont know why they are doing this to their children.
    Anonymous

• For the moms to live vicariously through their daughters. Have you seen those shows? Most, if not all, of the moms are either overweight, old, or ugly. None of them are "beauty queens" at all. It's some old desire that they never got to actually live, or if they did, they just don' t have the looks for them anymore.
    I feel sorry for those kids. Anyone remember Jon Benet Ramsey???
    Anonymous

• Just reread my question. When i said i dont have a problem with them i mean from the prespective of a few of the outfits. However i would never put my 3yr old daughter in one either. I do not like the make up and that on a little kid , Just a weird feeling with it. Sometimes i think that moms doe it to think that there kid is better then everyone else. There as cute as they are as plan as can be.
    Anonymous

• They win some big prizes, like a trip to Walt Disney World, free car, scholarship money. I would do it in a hearbeat, but I wouldn't put false crap on her or wear "sexy" clothing. Or have them trotting around in a bathing suit. I also wouldn't force my daughter into that either, it would be her choice. Some of those moms are psycho. I think it should be just a classic dress, and no sexy poses. Kids have alot to deal with as it is. It does build self-confidence and public speaking.
    Anonymous

• What?! It involves sexy clothing?! What's wrong with those people who designs sexy clothing for kids and parents who put them on little kids?!?! Isn't it sick? I've never seen those shows, but I think I just found out the reason why I keep it that way.
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 9:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009