sex question/concern at 35 weeks?

Last wednesday I went into the hospital and was diagnosed with early labor...contractions 10-15 minutes apart all night. They sent me home because my cervix hadnt changed from my last dr visit (3cm, not effaced). Well, then my contractions stopped and I have been living in fear that I will start up again and deliver a preemie. Sooo, I have heard that sex induces labor, so my husband and I have been taking a break. But lately the urge has been sooooo bad (weird since I feel like a WHALE!), but I am too afraid to do anything from fear of inducing labor. What do you guys think? Yes or no...go ahead or just try to ignore the urge?
I dont want to do anything to compromise this baby or pregnancy so I thought I would get some personal opinions. I have a dr. appt tomorrow and I will ask then as well. Just was wondering about personal advice. Thanks for any comments!

Tages_Mom

Asked by Tages_Mom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have an itch scratch it. You can still have sex but not too rough(and expect squirting), and as long as your doc DID NOT say no sex, then you're good to go!!! If you feel ANY discomfort stop!!! You might as well because you can't for 6 weeks after the birth. Good luck and have safe fun!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• if you want to have sex do it. your obviously in a committed relationship so thats not a reason not to, and just because you are pregnant? just doooooooo it!! like nike hahahaha.....
    if you hurt or feel uncomfortable stop and just do oral, or hand/finger stimulation.
    sex is nature, along with pregnancy. your baby will come when he/she is ready, early or not.
    i had my baby three weeks early and he was still almost nine pounds and got a 9/9 whatever its called score lol which is GOOD for a "full" term baby, let alone an early one!
    good luck to you and go sex it up already! hahaha
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• you're in the "safe zone" once you hit 36 weeks pregnant...of course, the longer your baby is in there the better, for so many reasons. but, if you went into labor at 36 weeks, your doctor wouldn't stop it...now, if it was before then, they most likely will stop your labor by shot, meds and bed rest. you're close now, i wouldn't worry about having sex. do it. just remember, sperm will help make your cervix thin out and you having an orgasm might start contractions. if you're too worried, just wait until your 36 weeks to have sex again. wow, and you're 3cm dialated already. i'm 35 weeks today. don't know what i am/will be until 36 or 37 week check up.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009