If you stood before the Lord today and He asked you, "Why should I let you into Heaven", what would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say that I should be let in because, in keeping with His Word, I had asked Jesus Christ into my heart to be my personal Lord and Savior, thereby accepting His free gift of eternal salvation. And l put my trust in Him to help me live my life for Him, to the best of my ability.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would say, "You made your decision already...what I have to say will not change your mind so if you are going to let me in....let me in, if not then so be it."

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• not being a smart a$$, but why would I say anything, he already knows whats in my heart....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• midnightmoma: yes, but He also knew why Adam and Eve were suddenly aware of their nakedness and where Cain's brother, Able, was. Sometimes He asks us questions to which He already knows the answer.
    Anonymous

• I'd say, "What's in it for me?"
    Anonymous

• I don't deserve to be there...but I'm trusting in your mercy. Isn't that all any of us could say really?
    Anonymous

• I come to you in complete humility,and trust in you love ,and promises.
    If there is one thing I know for certain.I know your love is never ending and you do what is just and right always.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I wanted to thank who ever wrote this post. It really made me think,and now I am confident that I know what I would say if this situation ever arose. God bless you!!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• As for me, I don't believe in Predestination or Fate, I don't believe God chooses to know everything we will do, if he did why would he say that everyone who wants to come to him can because our life would not be able to be altered if it was set by his predestination or pre-knowing,, I don't think holding out hope to someone you know is not going to make it is very loving, no matter how hard they try they can't.....
    If God knew each persons suffering and that they had no hope why would he make them live it just to end up failing....????
    personally I don't believe God is that cruel.....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• because you are a just and merciful God and I have tried to obey your commandments even though I failed a few times because I am not perfect but I know you died for my sins and now its your choice.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009