Married Moms: Why did you decide to get married?

How did you decide to make the final step? What are you reasons for getting married?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I love him, and I prayed every step of the way, "Lord if this is the man you want for me, show me. If it's not, please show me that too." He kept showing me that he was it!!!
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Because of the type of person I am. My friends in real life are friends for life. My husband is my intimate partner for life. I don't let just anybody in, I am very picky. When I met the man I married, he fulfilled my greatest needs and still does after seven years. It's not all a bed of roses, we have disagreements but fundamentally we are here for each other and it's so good to know.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Because I was madly in love with the man. I still am. I am so in love with him that it is beyond reason and time and beyond my own better judgement. My family always talked about how I was going to be the smart one and mary a doc or lawyer. I married a mechanic in the army and i would never change my mind. I dont think I could ever leave him unless it was to better my daughter.

Have you ever seen Pride and Prejudice? You know when Mr. Darcy finds Elizabeth in the rain and tells her all of the reasons why he shouldnt marry her, but tells her that he is competely and totally in love and wants to marry her? That is how I feel.
    We have the most ridiculous arguments and dont agree on much. But we are both passionate for eachother and our baby girl.
    I wasnt sure about marrying him. I just followed my heart and it is going just as I expected it to. Hard, but alot of fun and very passionate
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 8:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I love my husband with all that I am, but if it weren't for the circumstances that were put before us we probably wouldn't have gotten married, at least not when we did. We were in love basically from the day we met, and had a son together. He decided to join the Navy, so in order to keep our family together we got married. It was not a bad, nor was it a rushed decision. We are VERY happy with the choices we made, and can not wait to live happily ever after!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I married him because I knew he'd make a good husband and good father. He's my best friend and I can depend on him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I was laid off and we had been living together for 5 years, and I needed health insurance. Of course that was before all the domestic partner laws. Good thing too because I got pregnant immediately.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Simple, I KNEW he was the one I was meant to be with and I couldnt imagine my life without him.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It was the next step in our commitment to each other....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I was more then in love with him and when he asked me i was more then thrilled. Almost 6yrs later im regrating it sometimes because of how he is. Let alone his parents are driving me crazy and hell take there side all the time. If my mom says stuff about him i put her in her place, but yet he cant do that to his. He doesnt help clean, doesnt really help watch our daughter. Before him i never wanted a family or marriage and now i feel stupid that i did aall of it with him.
    Anonymous

• because I am madly in love w him and wouldn't wanna spend a single day without him in my life
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009