Smoke smell

Dose anyone know how to get rid of (stale) smoke smell in the house. I was told that vinger left in a bowl or cup would help. Its not for my house it for a friend of my moms she's a chain smoker and was wondering, I can't even go to her house it smells soooo bad. Her landlord told her that she had to fix the problem, and she couldnt smoke in the building anymore, cause it can be smelled in other peoples houses that dont smoke. Any help could be great.

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• She is going to need to steam clean the carpets and paint every single last wall. Half the time that will cover it, but other than that she will have to recarpet and then repaint. The cabinets will need to be cleaned out, towels, clothes, and other fabrics will still retain the smell. Cigarette smoke is almost impossible to get rid of when you chain smoke inside.
    arika06

Answer by arika06 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• paint the ceilings too!!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't know. It took YEARS for the smoke smell to be out of my parents house when they stopped smoking. The walls have been repained, a few times. Half of the carpet has been removed. Smoke gets everywhere, so some places can't just be cleaned. The carpets, and fabric needs to be leaned. The walls and celing probably painted with kilz first. AC vents cleaned out, windows thoroughly cleaned. And some good air freshener.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009