College Anyone??? So I was wondering what is the point of paying all of this money going to college to better our lives and the lives of our children and yet and still can not find a job working in our major.............

i have gone to school to become an nurse and a counselor and i can not find a decent paying job. of course i could always work at a local clinic making maybe 10-12 dollars an hour but hell i can make that at my job, i had before i graduated working at a call center.. this just doesnt make sense to me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Beats me, but I know what you mean!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You have to start some where, and sometimes you have to go lower in pay to eventually get a raise.
    arika06

Answer by arika06 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I guess I need to forward you the shit ton of emails and brochures from recruiters I get on a weekly basis.
    Anonymous

• What are your degrees in? What level of education do you have?
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You went to school to be a nurse and only started out at 10-12 and hour. I am actually suprised. A lot of places, well if you work in a hospital start out around 23-25. I'm in school right now to become a nurse. As for the counseling thing. No money to afford them in this day. Good luck momma!
    wilesmomma

Answer by wilesmomma at 10:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Move to where they need nurses but keep in mind many minorities and just anyone these days do the job for less so you have to have the years behind you to be competitive.
    Anonymous

• Short term is not as good but the economy will eventually turn around and you'll be glad you have your degree.
    MoneySaver

Answer by MoneySaver at 11:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009