what do you consider cooking? what about from scratch? do you do most of your shopping in the frozen aisle?

cooking what does it mean to you

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I enjoy cooking & I cook pretty much everything from scratch. I'm a "pinch here, pinch there" & "just throw it in" kind of cook. I rarely measure anything. I never buy any convenience foods because it turns out to not be very convenient to have to cook something else anyway, because the convenience food was so bad.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I LOVE cooking! I usually follow instructions though. I cook chicken, pork chops, homemade mac & cheese, cheesy potatoes, broccoli & cheese, hamburger, veggie soup, pot roast, pork roast, meatloaf....tons of stuff. It's waaaaaaaay better than buying it from the frozen section.
    Anonymous

• i buy the meat. then kinda...put it together. there is no measuring or adding, except with rice. its all guess work with me. sometimes ill buy frozen dinners but those are usually used as snacks and lunch.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I make a lot of stuff from scratch but I also have nights that I'm just to rushed, or tired or heck lazy and I make stuff from boxes.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't really like cooking but I still do it. My husband says I'm a good cook and he loves whatever I make. But after working in food service for 6 years I just don't have the ambition to cook anymore!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I hate cooking, but I love to eat and give my family healthy and tasty foods. Since we can't afford a chef, I cook. I define cooking as taking ingredients and combining them to make a meal. I cook a lot from scratch (gotta love that crockpot), stews, chili, sweet potato and black bean burritos, stir fries, curries, etc. I do buy some foods in the frozen aisle: frozen veggies, morningstar hot dogs and frozen blueberries; also the occasional amy's frozen meals (when they are on sale AND I have a coupon). Are you looking for recipes (if so, contact me directly) or ammunition for an argument?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009