what is the %?pls answer if you can!!

13 weeks and really low hormones!!what is the chance or % of a miscarriage? can the doc give me anything to get my hormones up?theres a chance i may be less then 13 weeks but not much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure the percents, however I do know that miscarrying after 12 weeks, although it does happen, isn't too common.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Best advice you can get.... If you haven't scheduled with your OB, do so. While you're on the phone with their office, ask your questions. Not many on here are even qualified to give you medical information.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yeah you need to be asking your ob not us. Wish you the best!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There are several hormones measured during pregnancy, I'm going to assume your talking about HCG. HCG levels vary widely from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. (Ex. My first (girl) had levels of 74 at 4 weeks, my second had levels in the 1000's at 4 weeks)
    Here's a great site:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html
    The point is that the levels are doubling or close to it every 48 hours. If they are not, then your chances of miscarriage are fairly high. If they are, then you just have a low hormone baby, nothing wrong with that, less morning sickness!
    Talk to your OB, if you are really worried you can have blood drawn every couple days to determine what's happening.
    There isn't anything you can do to increase HCG levels, only Progesterone and that is still iffy unless you start supplementing at conception.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 9:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i agree with the above. contact a dr. or your dr. and ask them. thats the only way you will know.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can also ask your OB to schedule a sonogram, this will tell you within a few days how far you actually are and also check anatomy and make sure everything is as it should be.
    This pregnancy my LMP is 12/18, but conception was 01/31. We thought I had low hormones and was possibly miscarrying, but it turns out the baby was just 4 weeks younger than originally thought.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 9:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009