anyone else get chronic sinus infections?

I have been to the Dr numerous times in the past year. Antibiotics do not help. I want to take a sledgehammer to my head! Just having excruiating headaches but they are definately in the sinus cavities. No runny or stuffy nose that I can tell, Should I see and ENT?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• I used to have chronic sinus infections until I had sinus surgery. I've been much, much better since the surgery.
    MarieT03

Answer by MarieT03 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would go see an ENT. I usually use my dad's salsa to help me break up a sinus infection and it always works. IT IS EXTREMELY SPICY SPICY HOT!!! I don't think they sell salsa as hot as he makes it. Eventhough i can't stand the stuff i know it is going to break up my infection and i eat a little bit of it anyway. i hope the ENT can cure your infection. good luck hope you feel better soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Definitely see an ENT! I had the same issue where I was taking antibiotics nearly every day for a year, the ENT scheduled me for surgery it was an IMMEDIATE difference. Since then I get maybe 3 sinus infections a year, and actually since I've been pregnant (27 weeks today) I haven't gotten any. ENT's are great make sure you find one that can actually perform the surgery otherwise you'll have to get yet another referral.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My chronic sinus infections improved after I had surgery by an ENT. My doctor prescribed Astelin, which also helps. And I use a neti pot- you can buy them in the pharmacy. They come with a salt and baking soda mix that you mix with water and rinse out your sinuses. I've also used warm salt water and non-iodized salt and sniffed it up. I think the neti pot is a little better.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You know I was very close to start the process of surgery, but then got pregnant.

Anyway so one thing I did was start taking zyrtec daily around my peak seasons (fall/spring) and then that helped a lot. What finally fixed my sinus isses after years though of having terrible problems was getting off dairy. It was my accident too. My son was diagnosed with a dairy allergy and then I noticed I have not had one sinus issue since being off dairy....weird...I don't even take allergy meds anymore.

I ended up googlling online and found tons of people relating to dairy and sinus/ear problems.

I would definiltey see a doctor, but of course in the meantime just an idea.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009