i was thinking about getting merina ...

It seems wonderful, 5 years with not having to remember pills, but i have only heard bad things about it on cafemom. What is everyones experience with it. would you recomend it?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• I love mine! I had bleeding for the first four months off and on...mostly on. But since then I have very light periods and we are having more sex than ever. There is no worry about the pill or condoms. For some people it is great, I would recommend it, you can always have it removed if you are unhappy with it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i do not recommend it at all. my friend has it and wants it out now. she got it in january right before her hubby was to leave for iraq. they said she may have irregular spotting for a while but it is extreme. she has periods not just spotting and its on again off again. she cannot have sex on off days for fear of it coming back. she went to her r and they said thats normal the first few months and not to worry. well hwe hubby is long gone and its april now and she still has wacky periods and dark spotting inbetween.
    stefirose22

Answer by stefirose22 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I've had mine for 2 years now, without problems however s/o said he could feel it in certain positions. It lightens periods but not cramps. It was a 15 min precedure in the doc office. Knock on wood, I have not had tubal pregnancy or any related issue. I love the freedom of it and the fact that it lasts up to 5 yrs, and removal is as simple an uncomfortable, but a small price to pay to prevent unplanned pregnancy(I got pregnant on the pill, and depo was convienent for him to convince me for another!). In the end its up to you and what you're ok with.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009