If a baby had true colic, wouldn't it mean she couldn't be soothed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no that is not completely true. my son had colic at 12 weeks of age. at first he was impossible but after about a day I tried putting him in a bouncer with a vibrating seat on it and it had a fish aquarium theme on it. you may know what i am talking about. it would really calm him down. a baby with colic usually calms down with a little bouncing or some kind of movement. try that.and good luck you may need it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my middle child had colic, we did gas drops before feedings, and similac NUTRAMAGEN FORMULA is a saver. 2x as much as the other but its well worth it. give it 24-48 hrs. tops to work/ WIC will cover it w/ a paper wic will give you to take to him. good luck
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• and nutramagen is for colic babies. it says it on the label.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My son had colic for 8 MONTHS, yes, it's true. They can be soothed momentarily but there's no miracle cure, even Nutramagen.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009