How does Lamb meat taste and is it

bad for you? Im might be turning Vegetarian again. None of my kids even like meat really & neither does my husband. He only likes Carne asada and Hamburgers. The occasional mexican food with meat. Anyways to my question. How does Lamb taste? is it bad for you? is there such thing as Organic Lamb from the market? I dont like eating things are out of my comfort zone. I only like meat, chicken, turkey, shrimp, clams, lobster, crab, scallops.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• some people say it tastes "ba-a-a-a-ad" Just kidding! I ahd to get that in. I love it! My family loves its!! It tastes different than beef. It tastes like lamb! I like it with lemon and garlic and Oregano!! MM! IIMO- the greeks can cook Lamb the best and the chinese do the best Duck!!! MMMM!!! Yes it can be raised organic! contact any 4-H club!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I love lamb. I like mine as a rack of lamb with a cherry or a cranberry glaze. it is delicious. i don't believe it is bad for you but i am not a vegetarian.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I love lamb, it has a pretty mild taste and it is better for you than red meat. If you eat authentic Gyros, you are more than likely eating lamb.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's not bad for you but I don't think it's mild, I think it has a strong distinct flavor that no matter what I pair it with, I can't stand. Maybe cause I'm not Greek. Gyros meat is often lamb combined with other meat (more affordable) and I can do that because it's very seasoned. Try veggie burgers.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009