Inlaw Trouble. Does yours seem to play games treat you one way one day..

Having inlaw trouble. Does yours seem to play games treat you one way one day then the next treat you like your nothing?
My inlaws i swear i can not win with the mother in law. Theyll buy my daughter clothes. Stuff that doesnt fit anymore are in storage. Now there saying i never bring her in anything she has gotten from them. Which isnt true, Some stuff i cant find in the house because their son doesnt help with anything. I am regrating that i had got married. I love him but can not take how hell stick up for them. I stick up to my mom in seconds. Its like he has no backbone to his mom,I dont know what else to do. Talking to him doesnt do any good hell just side with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• My IL's are SO IMPOSSIBLE. I try and try to please them, but no matter what I do I cant seem to do anything right. i just cant stand any of them anymore!
    Anonymous

• Hmm sounds like the problem I'm having. I'm still pregnant and my inlaws are already giving me grief about what to name the baby, not to have him before August 1st because that's baseball cutoffs, etc. I've told my fiance 100 times to tell them to back the F off and he never does it. Once you marry someone or start a family with them, you both need to be on the same team. If 1 person is not happy, it is up to the other person to try and fix that, especially if its someone from THEIR OWN FAMILY that is causing the unhappiness. I would just let your husband know that you are feeling like you are playing tug-of-war with his parents and you just can't win. Tell him he needs to stick up for you to his mother and let her know that her nagging you and bothering you about whatever is not okay. He needs to cut the cord. Yeah it is still his family but YOU BOTH have YOUR OWN FAMILY now which should be #1 priority. Good luck
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have told him how i feel but seems to not matter. One christmas he stood up but then backed away after all that. He told me stop making her clothes stop buying her clothes so she can wear mommy and daddys stuff. The clothes i buy are play clothes the stuff i make is pjs. wtf i mean god i just dont know what else to do. Try to keep there crap in one shelf but that dont always work out. Since hes been laid off and only has the pt job im doing more hours and yet hell complain about the house not lifting a finger mind you. Expects me to do crap before and after work. Well except this last week he did the dishes twice and only washed his clothes go figure. Hes older then me . Should have stucked to what i said in Highschool 8 yrs ago id never get married or have kids and yet i lied to myself.
    Anonymous

• same trouble here. my MIL told my fiance she wants to be in the room when i give birth. i told her no because she freaks me out. so she told him something now hes siding with her. also she told me, not asked but told me that after i give birth she will be taking my sont home with her for a week or so. i flipped. i dont understand what she is thinking. and my fiance wont stand up to her. he just bows his head and does whatever she says. i love him with all my heart, but we are a young couple, im 20 hes 21, and he doesnt seem to want to grow up.
    i want to get our own apt. and everything. but the minute he told her, she said he cant afford it and now hes telling me no, we cant get it. i dont understand whats with men and their mothers but i refuse to listen to a woman, even my MIL about something i think is right, if i ont listen to my own mother.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Been dealing with this for 9 years now.....it is horrible and it will never change I have finally learned. I am not even invited to their home so they "visit" with our 3 year old at McDonalds and they live 30 minutes away....Anyway, it sucks but you will learn to deal with it and be tough. If your dh doesn't really stand up for you (took mine a while too), you have to do it yourself and just learn to live your life without their influence. Good luck and I do hope it gets better for you.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I,m glad I dont live by mine anymore but my husband now lives by mine and its the same way for him,my dad has NO reason to hate my husband,my dad wants to be controling and I put MY foot down,now I hardly see him,he wouldnt even call me on my birthday,why are parents this way,my husband has always worked,never hit me,doesnt do drugs,rarely drinks and is a wonderful father to our son and they used to get along real good,go on trips together and do things together and one day my dad just went off on my husband and now they dont talk at all and I dont blame my husband,he didnt start it but yet my dad has to be the ass****, I love my dad but I also love my husband and I will stand behind my man!!!!!!! If my dad dont like it too damn bad!!!!!!!!!! I hope someday your hubby will STICK UP FOR YOU,good luck girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous