In Kansas what resources are there to help me with my 2 yr old Autistic child??

I found out last week that my 2 year old has Autism. She attends Tiny-k 2 times a week where she gets her OT/PT, speech and Social helps. She still has massive meltdowns, and doesnt talk alot... babbles but doesn't talk. I have been told not to medicate, because that isnt' the answer. So, what do I do. My husband works alot and is seldom home... my older son is 10 and has Autism, and my 9 year old has issues related to her mother. When they are acting up my 2 year old is worse any suggestions?
Thanks

sewsewbusy

Asked by sewsewbusy at 9:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Heartspring in Wichita is good. Are you far from Wichita?
    michele132

Answer by michele132 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Rainbbows United is a wonderful resource for autism. I used to work there. I LOVED it!!! It's in Wichita.

Children's Mercy in KC is another great place to get some help. They can evaluate your child and see if any other therapies might help.

Your local school district can evaluate and get an IEP in place, I think at 3 or 4. I know that's a bit far off for your DD but it's good to know anyway.

Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2009