Do you gain a lot of weight in the begining of a pregnancy?

In the begining is it typical to gain some weight in a sort period of time.. like 8 pounds in 3 days?

angelmami22

Asked by angelmami22 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No.
    Anonymous

• im not sure about 8 pds but i do know its normal to gain a few pounds. Some ppl get hungry more and other put on a few pounds from water weight bloating so on. I wouldnt worry. If your doctor has not said anything i wouldnt worry so much. Gl hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No. I don't think that is normal, but if it concerns the doctors, they would put you on watch. Me, personally, didn't even gain any weight till my 5 month.
    Anonymous

• Sounds more like water retention. Which does happen. Most of the time if you maintain a healthy diet you don't gain that much weight in the beginning. I've only gained 10 pounds and I'm 4 1/2 months...so I would say talk to your doc.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No it's not normal.

HOWEVER, some women DO gain water weight and can have lots of issues with bloating that can sometimes raise the scale.

I was over weight when I became pregnant and I've only gained 2 pounds in 30 weeks of pregnancy.

Just make sure your eating healthy and drinking lots of water to prevent excessive weight gain and water retention.
    Anonymous

• no but i gained more than i was supposed to... i weighed 110lb then it went up to 118lb then kept getting higher and higher last time i checked i weighed 142lb!
    SofiyaMomOf2

Answer by SofiyaMomOf2 at 3:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2009