IF YOU HUSBAND TOLD YOU HE WAS GAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO ABOUT IT?

HOW WOULD YOU REACT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• ok i want a divorce why be married
    Anonymous

• I would go insane at first, and probably flip out. But after I calmed down, I would have to accept it! I don't wanna think about this though. LOL. I have heard many stories about women finding out years down the road that their husband was gay...I knew one couple that was married for 25 years and had 5 kids, then he left her for a man...that would definitely break my heart for sure!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You mean before or after I killed him?
    Anonymous

• I meant accept it and get a divorce, not accept it and stay together. LOL. just to clarify!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• LOL, my husband comes from a place where gay's pretty much do not exist. So I really do not have to worry about that.
    Anonymous

• I'd like to think that, after getting over the shock of the situation, I'd contact a good attorney, get tested for HIV, wish him well, and encourage him to continue to have a great relationship with our children. It's hard to say though.

Anonymous

• lmao! Where is this place in which gays do not exist?? I would be very upset obviously, but I would be more sad for my husband that he has felt such shame that he couldn't be who he really was for all this time. I would hope we could still be a family, even if we didn't have a sexual relationship anymore. If he continued to put our children first, I would hope we could keep the family together for the childrens sake. I'm sure that would be really difficult for all of us though.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• do you want red wine with that :)
    Anonymous

• I live in Seattle, many, many gay couples. I don't know how I'd react or feel but I'd question how he came to this conclusion and agree with another poster about HIV testing if he's dabbled. If he is gay, you are in the unfortunate position of coping through this as this is a life change that you can't control or change. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Cry and then get a divorce.
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 10:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009