im a week and 1 day late took 2 test both came back saying no so whats wrong with me ?

do you think it could be because i took the cheapest pregnancy test ever it only coast a dollar does that matter? please dont be rude

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It may not be the test. Are you normally regular? Have you been stressed lately? If you were stressed within the first 2 weeks after your period, it could have delayed ovulation, thus making your cycle longer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i had a d&c in dec but i already had 2 periods sens then they should be regular
    Anonymous

• The $ tests are usually just as good as an expensive one. Stress CAN cause irregular periods. The best thing would be to see your doctor if you haven't started soon.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• At only a week late, you could be pregnant and it just not be detected yet. Or you could just be having a late month... I am usually regular - perfectly - and I recently skipped a whole month. I of course ended up taking several tests at different times, and stressing, and wondering, which I'm sure only made the whole situation worse... I would just try to relax. Wait about a week or two, and take another test. If it comes back neg. as well and you still don't start within a few weeks, I would go see your doc... Good luck!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Cheap tests are not the most sensitive. The name brand tests can detect pregnancy with lower hormone levels.

Also, digital tests appear to be less sensitive. I would just go with a regular "First Response" test.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Maybe you didn't ovulate or ovulated late this cycle. I found that the dollar test were BETTER than the expensive kind.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Actually some $1 are just as good happytexas. I'm a POAS addict :P I have tried nearly every kind/brand that has existed. IF you read the box it will tell you HOW much HCG is needed to detect and "First Reponse" actually does NOT detect the least possible amount out of tests out there. And yes, you are right. Digital tests are more likely to give you a false negative because it needs more HCG to detect pregnancy.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009