Can Bacterial Vaginosis (spelling?) Go Away On It's Own?

I don't have insurance and I thought I might have had BV. I kept my "area" clean and as dry as possible. Is it possible I did have BV and it went away on it's own? It was never diagnosed. Just an odor. No colored discharge or more than normal, or anything like that. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• No it's an infection and needs antibiotics
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I should have also said, if it didn't go away on it's own, why is the smell gone? It was only there for about a week, maybe less?
    Anonymous

• BV is different than a yeast infection. BV is packed full of bad bacteria and needs medical treatment whereas a yeast infection can go away. Its possible you had a yeast infection that had a smell to it due to your period.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I can't have a period right now. I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Is it still possible the yeast infection had a smell from being pregnant too?
    Anonymous

• It is a bacterial infection and needs treatment. Go to the health department or whoever you are going to for prenatal care.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can buy a test where you buy yeast infection stuff. It's a test that will tell you if your problem is bacterial or fungal. Something to think about..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Just like any infection your body has the ability to fight it to a point. Your immune system will work as hard as it can and sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont. So it is possible that your vaginosis can go away naturally. But if the infection gets past the point of what your body can handle, it will probably get worse and need atbx. Hope that helps.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009