would you be repulsed to see a woman in a bathing suit who just had a baby

and has stretch marks all around her belly and some on her legs??

my stomach is kind of getting flat like it was im a size 9, but im so embarrassed of my stretch marks and there is still some loose skin...and i have stretch marks on my legs a little bit.. im supposed to go to the lake in a month, and im SOOOO embarrassed. :( ive never been this self conscious.

would you be grossed out if you saw her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No but if you're going to be miserabley self conscious, get a tankini with sexy bottoms. Don't worry about it!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• no i wouldn't, but the first poster is right, i was really self consicious and still am 3 yrs later, so i got a sexy tankini from victoria's secret (don't have to get it there just the fact that its a v.s. makes me feel sexier) that way i cover my belly and i don't feel like i have to wear a "mom" suit
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Not if it was a respectable suit. If she were trying to squeeze her new body into a revealing bikini, yes I would and it would be to most people who see it too.
    Anonymous

• nope not at all. i just asked my husband that question and he also said no. i am a size 20 and I don't go in a bikini or anything but i do wear a bathing suit. and while people do look, i just don't care. i want to go swimming and have a good time and get some sun just like the rest of the women there. i deserve to be comfortable and so do you. im sure you look great stretch marks and all. show some skin girl
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No, I absolutely wouldn't. But, in truth there are a lot of people who will think something about it & even a few rude popel who have something to say about it. That said, I would not wear anything that you aren't completely comfortable in. Tankini's are great I like some of the ones that have skort type bottoms, but, it's up to you. You can wear strecth pants and a big t if you want, lots of people do. I'll often get a wrap of some sort or a light sundress to wear while on the beach/by the  pool and take it off when I'm in the water. Do whatever will make you feel comfortable & remember other peoples opinions REALLY DON'T COUNT! GL mama!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm a size 3 and I'm still a little embarrassed. I dont have any stretch marks or anything. But the fact that I'm not like I was before makes me feel icky. I think the first couple posters are right, a tankini will help you feel better, and wont have you worring if anyone is looking.
    Anonymous

• www.athleta.com has some on sale
    Anonymous

• No I wouldn't think anything. But if you would feel uncomfortable you should find a suit that makes you feel good. There's no reason to wear something skimpy if you're going to be miserable all day. But like the other posters said...just because some people won't think or say anything about what you're wearing...there are those RUDEASS ppl in the world that think what you're wearing becomes their business and their responsiblilty to say something to or about you. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and secure. That way you won't have to walk around all day wondering what ppl are thinking.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• no, i would not be repulsed because i have stretch marks and i still wear a bikini. some people are jerks but i don't care...serioulsy :)
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 10:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. The only swimsuit I have is a 2pc tankini from 2 summers ago before I was pregnant. I went to the beach today, so I wore a tank top over the top piece bc my belly hung out, and a swim skirt over the bottoms. I'm 4months PP so my belly is still kinda flabby.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009