My TV is doing something weird.....

I'm trying to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters but my TV is acting up. I can't hear the words. I can hear the background noise (birds chirping, door closing, etc). The commercials are fine too. It doesn't matter how loud I turn it up, the words do not play.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Anyone else having this problem? Please tell me my TV isn't going out.... It's back on and sure enough....no words!!

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 10:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do you have cable? maybe its the cable not the tv...its weird that you can hear everything but the words that doesn't sound like a problem with the tv...maybe turn off your cable box disconnect it from the wall give it about 2 mins then reconnect and turn it back on. that may reboot it, if not call your cable company have them do a reboot and see if that works
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My tv turns off by itself. My other tv turns up the volume, changes channels, and won't stop even if you press the buttons. it still flicks through all the channels. We got tired of our bigger tv turning off, because it would get stuck that way. So we started using the smaller tv, and I dare say it's worse because the volume, and channels. Sometimes when I press the volume button to go down, the volume goes up. IDK, it's messed up. We're looking at a 72" Mitsubishi tv...Now only if we could stop looking at it, and actually buy it. >.<

Anonymous

• Thanks to vabchmommy.....that seemed to work.

To Anon - go for it. I'd love a new TV. it just isn't in the budget right now.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009