Why does it only have to be about Christians?

It seems that some or others need to say something negative about Chrisitans. Why be so concern about the Christians. Is it because they are suppost to be like Jesus Christ or is it the name Christians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmmmm.....yea, seems like I don't see alot of mockery or shots taken at Jewish, Muslims, Buddists, Hindus....funny how we don't respect religions the same.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think a lot of it has to do with either some sort of negative experience in the Christian religion, or some sort of hateful or unChristianlike behaviour exhibited towards people from Christians - I'm not saying ALL Christians do this, as I am one and know better, lol, but it does happen.
    And I do see other religions/beliefs get bashed, quite frequently, actually... Just not so much in the Q&A, but in other places.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think people have problems with others telling them their belief is "wrong" or that they are "going to hell" for their beliefs. I think that is more the problem then anything else. It's more about tolerance and respect for one's religion rather than if you are Christian or non-Christian.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• For me it's neither. Everything (essentially) that I will say that negative about CHristians/Christianity is based on my personal experience or on my desire for those of differing views & beliefs to not be oppressed in anyway due to the "majority" status of that religion. I think if more Christians were in touch with Christ (and everything he's supposed to be about) the whole world would probably be a much better place. In my experience, (some) Christians have simply proven to be more vocal & imposing than most other groups and that colors my view of them, & fair or not, that's the truth.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Because Christians are more tolerant than other religions.

You see one bad remark from a misguided Christian and all of the sudden Christians are the most horrible women in the world. You see a bad remark towards a Christian and is understandable.

Christains are expected to act better and are under a microscope.
    Anonymous

• I agree with dragonfly....I think it has a lot to do with the Christian belief that they need to spread their religion to others and that they need to let people know they're going to hell. I am an atheist, so technically, I think Pagan, Jews, Muslims, etc. are just as wrong about the existence of a god or gods....but I have more RESPECT for people who don't feel the need to spread their religion.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Because its the truth. They don't want to face it,because then they would have to change their wicked ways.
    Just stating my opinion. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's called persecution and get ready it's gonna get worse.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i agree with mo2a27 and teamquinn
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Actually, it's neither. It's the BEHAVIOR of christians. No other group prosleytizes so violently. Is the light never going to go on?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009