Feeding Advice

I am a fresh mommy and feeding soilds to my son.he is 7 months and i need to know what stage food he should be on and what kinda snacks are good for him right now..it is confusing to me

nikalotta20

Asked by nikalotta20 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stage 2 unless he choking on it. If he is doing good then you can waste time on a 3 or start table food. Our daughter is 7 months and eats everything we do. We just mash everything up for her or cut up the meat so she doesn't choke. She feeds herself cheerio's and crackers. Anything you think he can handle.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• At 7 months I had my baby on stage 2 foods. Then right before he turned 8 months on stage 3 and now he just turned 9 months and eats almost everything we do, I just mash it up for him. It all depends on what your baby is able to handle. Just make sure to mash stuff up well, and watch closely.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Didn't use the stage foods...just mashed whatever we were eating. Easier, cheaper and healthier.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I just give fresh organic steamed veggies and what were eating if it's low enough in salt and fat...just cheaper and healthier like pp said...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Stage two but if he is a good eater you might get away with stage 3. Try tiny bites of it and see how he does.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 12:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am not sure what you mean by stage. A baby this age can eat cooked sweet potato, mashed avocado, scrambled egg yolk. Just be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods before baby turns one; this is not a complete list, but includes: soy, wheat, dairy, citrus, egg white,strawberries, nuts.
    See if your local library has Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; it is the best book on baby and toddler nutrition. www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Stage 2 or 3. And I give my daughter Rice Krispies cereal for snacks. I was buying her the gerber puffs but they go so fast and are pretty expensive. She loves the Krispies and they last so much longer! And they are tiny so they are easy for babies... just watch him close the first few times you give it to him.
    And if you wanna save money you can give him a little table food... pretty much anything soft and small should be fine. About the size of a pea... anything bigger could be a hazard at this age. We started our DD with corn, peas, banana, diced potato or mashed sweet potato, mac and cheese, etc... like I said, pretty much anything thats soft. =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009