cold formula?

My son is 7 months old and on formula. he seems to prefer it cool rather than warm. Is it ok to give him cool (not cold) formula?

nikalotta20

Asked by nikalotta20 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah thats fine. id give it just lukewarm
    Anonymous

• Our daughter does hers at room temp. We just pre-fill her bottles and that is the only way she will take it is cool or room temp. Its fine.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• yes!I think the "prefered" warm temp is to match that of the natural warm temp. breastmilk. I used to always put the bottle in a bottle warmer, but it's not a necessity. after a while I just used lukewarm water and it was just fine! and cold formula is fine too! as long as he's getting it and drinking it is what matters!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Both of my kids got used to room temperature. The bottle warmer always got it too hot, then we had to try to cool it down. Meanwhile, the baby was crying and mad. Our pediatricians have said that room temp is fine.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My daughter's formula bottles are always room temp or just a tad bit warm. It's been that way since she started on formula (she's now 10 mos)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can give it with water right out of the fridge, it doesn't even have to be room temp. My daughter drank expressed breastmilk straight out of the fridge from about 2 months on... Warming it just brings out the flavor a little more, the idea that it makes it less harsh on their tummies is a myth. I would just keep it cold and be glad that you won't have any issues when he switches to milk from the fridge!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My daughters had been room temp since she was about 2 1/2 months old... she never minded. Her formula doesn't mix well in cold water so its usually just at room temp but she would drink it anyway if it would... she drinks juice straight out of the fridge... basically, like everyone else said, its fine. =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009