I'm just full of questions lately lol. Sorry. Anyway, thoughts and opinions about the Great Rite and Drawing Down the Moon?

Let me begin by saying that I do not necessarily intend to attempt this any time soon. I am merely curious about your experiences, thoughts and opinions. Alright, I understand how they (Drawing Down the Moon and the Great Rite) work in a coven, but I'm a bit confused about other things. I've heard that you can not draw down the moon as a solitary (or with only one other person) and I've heard that you can. What do you think? Now, I've asked questions about the Great Rite before, but didn't fully have my questions answered. Say a solitary witch wants to perform the Great Rite with his/her spouse/significant other, but the spouse/significant other is not Pagan. Could they still do it? I've had mixed answers to that, as well. And lastly, how long do you think a person should have been practising before attempting either of these? You don't have to give an actual time frame of months or years.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It might be easier if you just read the Bible.
    -anon

Oh? does the Bible explain how to draw down the moon?
    neat-o.

Anyway, down to business:
    1. Yes, you can be a solitary witch and draw down the moon. There are excellent resources that show you just how it's done. If your heart is in it, it's easy. FAR more easy than, say, reading a Bible.

2. You CAN include your husband in the Great Rite... but don't expect him to FEEL it the same way you do. He'd have to be a Pagan to understand. But I'm sure he'll still ENJOY it ; )
    My husband LOVES it when I include him in sex magic...

3. If you think you're ready, then you are. If you don't think you're ready, then you're not.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• CONTINUED: If you think that a person should know how to do one or more things before attempting them, give those as a guideline for when YOU believe a person might be ready to attempt one or both of these. Thanks for your time, blessed be.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

Anonymous

• Um, what is the point of doing this again?
    Anonymous

• I'm in a group here called Newfound Pagans. There are some wonderful women with worlds of knowledge on the subject. I'd really recommend going there, as I really don't feel I can answer very well.
    Anonymous

• OK,

First ignore the 2 Anon b*****s.

Second, there is no right or wrong way in Paganism...that's the beauty of it! Yes, there are Fundies who will try to tell you "You cannot do this," or "You can only do this if..." Don't listen to them. You can do whatever you feel you can do. I've Drawn down the Moon on my own several times, few times with one other...never with a coven. And I've performed the Great Rite with a non-Pagan many many times. (My hubs just glad to get some!)

Any more questions...feel free to PM me.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanks Anon 10:48 :)

Anon 10:37:Not everyone feels the same way as you about religion. Get over yourself and stop hiding. And Anon 10:38, as I said, I've asked it before (not just here) and didn't get many answers and none that really answered my questions.

Truth be told, the two of you are probably the same person. What horribly boring and unfulfilling lives you must have (or a single life, if I'm right about you being that same person).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thanks MamaK88 :)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• anon 1037: Why answer in a section that has nothing to do with you? Why should we read the bible on this subject, does it cover these rites in depth, because as far as I have read, it only mentions witchcraft in a very vague sense. What passage answers her question? If you want to start a debate on who's religion is right, start your own thread.

I think that you can share with your spouse the Great Rite with out them being a pagan. I know that even when my spouse and I are just making love, I can feel the power of it. I am not sure if that helps or not since I am a eclectic solitaire and am self taught in a lot of ways
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Wonder how many b****y answer would disappear if they took anon away???

Why would she read the Bible....it would do her no good as SHE DOESN'T believe in it!

OP, thanks for posting this.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009