I'm so scared, Please give me advice and reassurance.

Okay so my first u/s on April 13th said that my baby was 6 weeks and then two weeks later on April 24th said that the baby measured at 7 weeks and 3 days, we saw the heart beat and heard it and its hbr (heart beat rate) was 148. And today i am 8 weeks and two days. Anyone have this happen to them? Is my baby going to be okay

stars_silly

Asked by stars_silly at 10:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My baby always measured a little off. The baby should be fine. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well first and for most U/S's can be off by up to 2 weeks. Second you'll just have to wait it out. At this point no one can say whether or not you will miscarry.

What does your doctor think?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you just concieved later.
    When I found out I was pregnant, we based it off my last period which was November 28th. So they told me I was 7 weeks at the time I found out. Mind you, I found out January 21st and didn't have a period in december. Turns out, when I found out on January 21st, I was only 3 weeks pregnant. So somehow my body completely skipped a period and I got pregnant January 9th. If that makes any sense.
    I'm sure your baby is fine, considering you saw the heartbeat and everything. Congrats and good luck!!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my first ultrasound said that i was 20 weeks then a month later to find the sex i was like 16 weeks the first ultrasound was done by someone not soooo qualified...soooo dont feel bad
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Well friday i ddin't see my doctor i just saw the sonogram tech. because my first u/s the baby was just a little tiny bud. But from my first u/s and my last the baby had grown quite a bit. But thank you to the lady with the first response.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 10:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• please dont worry about miscarrying! You should be fine. Ultrasounds are just a guestimate on babys gestational age. Especially when they r sooooo small. Its very hard to get an accurate measurement! Seeing a heartbeat is excellent! please don't worry and just enjoy being pregnant! :)
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Thank you all sooooo very much! You've all put my mind at ease! Thank you guys! Going to put up a pic of my baby if ya'll want to take a look and comment!
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 10:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Don't worry. You should be just fine, and so should your baby. My baby measured two weeks ahead of my due date and turned out just average size and perfectly healthy. As long as your baby keeps growing and developing normally, you have no need to worry. :D Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My daughters always measured ahead, but there's lots of resources for such things as IUGR. It might help to schedule a consultation with the doctor Monday if you're worried that your baby's size indicates a problem.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 12:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009