Anyone have friends that just dont care about you till they want something?

Just wondered if anyone else had this problem. Friends that only bother to contact you when they need something or want something? But if your having any kinds o problem and try to talk to them they dont care? I am always there for them but when i need them they dont care or pretend to then just not really give in put. I have been trying to find new friends that is not within the circle that know them but having no luck. Even with not much income in our house i have helped with clothes or food. Even invited them to eat and have a few drinks they just wont do it.
If i died to day they prob just wonder what id leave them. Which honestly be nothing now i have givin all i could to them just to be used. Just so upsetting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't associate with hardly anyone from my past friends, family...for the same reason and other things as well. I just woke up one day and realized that people are just fucked up!! and I just don't need those people in my life anymore. I'm much happier now and life is good.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Oh yeah, I know what you mean. People like that are not really friends. Next time they call and ask for help, just say "sorry, I can't help you out right now, I've got problems of my own to deal with." See how much they call after that!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Friends? I have adult KIDS that do that!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry. I know firsthand how painful this discovery is.

One day, I wrote a list of all the so-called friends I have known in my lifetime. They all either move away and never call again, or are like the friends you have...users who didn't really care about me, too.

I have given up trying to find friends. Honestly, most people I meet are so wrapped up in themselves I became so weary it's not worth the effort.

Real friendship is a rarity.
    Anonymous

• i dont, but my dh does...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have a friend that always asks me to watch her son so she can go bar hoping...I always say NO, because I figure if she cared (and I honestly don't care for bars) then she would instead invite me out to go with her!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2009