does pregnancy medicaid cover gallbladder surgery?

I may need it and not sure if medicaid will cover it during pregnancy or right after baby is born. Also does anyone know how much this surgery costs in case they won't pay for it?

WldHrts

Asked by WldHrts at 11:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes!

The reason I know this is because my DH got laid off half way through my pregnancy with my first child and we lost our insurance so I had to get medicaid.

When my daughter was 3 weeks old I started having trouble with it. I went to the ER once and was sent home. 6 days later it was SO bad that I went back to the ER and was taken in for emergency surgery. Because mine was an emergency I stayed over night in the hospital and the total cost was about 17,000. I'm not sure how much was JUST the surgery but MEDICAID PAID FOR MY SURGERY AND POST OP VISITS!! THANK GOD!!

I was in the most terrible pain I've ever been in, labor included.
    Anonymous