I have 4 children.........ages 19,17, 13 and 2 yrs old. My 17 yr old son has serious issures with respect. How do I handle him? We have discipline him for many yrs, regarding his actions. His biological father is never around, and if her were , my son would never think about treating him this way.

My 17 yr old son says what he thinks, he doesn't hold back. He gets very agitated by the smallest of things. His biological father never calls or takes an interest in my son. We have taken away driving privileges, grounded him, ect..... Thomas can be very sensative, and loving. But, if something isnt the way he wants it, or he feels like complaining, he just lashes out at us. If he doesnt respect his own mother.... what can I expect from him as a man?

Asked by Ohio_mOm at 6:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Often, children who feel abandoned by a parent who should be taking care of them will take their anger out on the person who is trying to love them which is you. Without realizing it, he is testing your love. I'll be praying for wisdom for you my friend!

• have a video recorder or tape recorder and tape him with out him knowing when he calms down show it to him.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008