• In the Spotlight:

is it too late to get my tattoo colored in?

i got a koi done on my leg about a month ago in black & grey by my cousin. he's still new at doing tattoos but does GREAT black & grey tattoos, however i'm not sure if he's too experienced with color because i have never seen any of his color work. all the shading is done and it looks nice, however i would like to add some color to it some time down the line to make it pop... is it too late??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'd see if you can get someone else to do the coloring. I had someone do a tattoo of mine where the color faded from them not getting deep enough penetration with the needle. Now it's all splotchy and needs re-done. But, yeah, you could wait 10 years and still get color put in. It's good to keep up with retouches every now & then anyway.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't think it is too late. My husband had his black done first and went back later for the color.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• youll be fine
    Anonymous

• No i've had mine r colored a year after I got it
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It's never too late. Especially since people get their tattoos re-touched all the time. I wish my would fade all on it's own haha.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009