a good man? Just wondering

If a good man, who is does not follow Jesus dies in the act of sacrifice (gave his life for another ) does the Christian god still allow him to burn in hell. There are many good men and women in this world who are good people, they have hurt no one and have helped others in needs. Is the Christian god so vengeful that a good that a good person would be damned for ever because they do not believe in the Son of God. That leaves a lot of wonderful people in hell doesn't? According to Religioustolerance.com only 33% of the world as of 2000 is Christian.

fireball1978

Asked by fireball1978 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes He was saved .... Jesus when he ascended to Hell and preached before He ascended to Heaven ,
    It is not sad What He does... It is not without understanding why He does this.
    If you read scriptures and been taught Jesus you would understand this.
    You would know the scriptures about those that died before He died on the Cross.
    In 11
    18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[e] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited[f] in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Good point. One God, many faiths as far as I'm concerned.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Amazing Grace not works listen to the words on my profile page!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I will pose this scripture for you.... then you tell me if you have your answer.

John 14:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)

5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"

6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• That is kind of sad that the Christian God is so exclusive of his people. What about John the Baptist? he died before Jesus died on the cross. Was he saved? What about any of the good people in the old testament, Noah, Job, Lot, Ruth etc...
    Oh by the way before any ones tries to convert me more. I have read many scriptures and have been taught about Jesus. I am a Wiccan, who is very happy in her faith. Happier as a Wiccan then I ever was as a Christian. I am trying to understand other people thoughts on Christianity. I also like a good theological discussion.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

In Ephesians 4 it says this : 9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first[c] descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have read the bible. I can not quote it word for word sorry. Since I am not a Christian, I do not read the bible daily. I can read the bible without believing that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God. I do believe he was a good man that taught about love and understanding. I enjoy many of the stories in the bible that teach people to be good men and women.
    So even the Jewish people are damned? There are a lot of people on this planet who are going to hell, according to the bible. Can a person be moral without being saved?
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• "Can a person be moral without being saved?"

Religion is not a prerequisite for morality. I don't believe in anything in particular, and I feel like I'm a good person. I think that as long as you try to help others, and you live a good life, you'll end up in a good place in the end.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Is the Christian god so vengeful that a good that a good person would be damned for ever because they do not believe in the Son of God?

God is not vengeful. He is good. He wants everyone to come to Him and go to heaven. He will save anyone who calls on His name!!! If we reject Him here, why would we want to be with Him forever?

Yes there will be many more people in hell than in heaven. ""Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it." Matthew 7:13

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you could be good enough to go to heaven, Jesus wouldn't have had to die and only good people would go to heaven and bad people would go to hell. But the Bible says that there is none good, no not one. Not even Ghandi was "good enough" It if was possible God would not have had to come here and die for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009