Why does everyone want to live in Florida?

I mean, yeah, I understand the warm weather year round would be good, but what about the hurricanes? I am not real big on being blow away. And I don't mind the snow where I live. I think I might go a little nuts without it in the winter.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• been here 22 yrs. not been blown away yet...I hate it though, for other reasons. High cost of living, fire ants, red tide, much more. Not sure where to go though. Every time I'm ready to move it turns winter and then I realize I'm ok with winters here!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i used to hate florida but now I LOVE IT...REALY CRAZY LOVE IT were do you live do you have tornado

rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 11:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't know. With insurance costs, bugs, etc, I don't know. I do love to visit though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I could never live in FLA and aside from the bugs, moms seem to kill their kids and stepkids there a lot more often. Florida peeps are freaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• bla bla bla ano 12:03 but funny:)
    rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 12:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I live in Indiana and I have seen my fair share of tornadoes. But I guess it's the whole tidal waves and stuff that go along with the hurricanes that worry me. I'm not big on flooding (which we get alot of too). And I guess I am weird, 'cause I would rather be too cold then too hot. If your too cold, you can always put more clothes or blankets on. If your too hot, you can only take so much off and then your naked.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have only been to Jacksonville and St. Augustine but that was 23 years ago, I was 16. I guess ppl like the weather. I liked it, but that's because I got to leave California for a week.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• LOL.. I was born and raised in Illinois (Chicago) I hate the snow, I hate the pot holes, and the cost of living up North is crazy!!! I moved to Florida and lived there for 2.5 yrs before moving back to Chicago. It was nice but I honestly missed my hometown. I even missed the snow during Christmas!!! I have been back for 3 yrs now and now we are moving back to FL at the end of july...I dont mind, but I will be visiting Chicago more often then I did while down there the last time...Hurricanes are not as bad as the news makes them out to be. If you prepare yourself for them they are a snap...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Beats me. Florida - It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Honestly not trying to offend anyone but I have notices at least here in my state that all the low lives seem to move to FL.

I mean the women who abandon their kids, the women who have 10 kids by 10 dif fathers non of whom she slept with more then once. The guys who haven't paid child support in over a yr. the guys with the "gangsta tats" on their necks. Not that all neck tats are gangsta I'm talking about gang related tattoos. The chicks who think their models because they pose in bikinis for anyone with a digital camera.

Seriously every time we haven't seen one of the low lives we graduated with in a while they always end up in FL. It's sort of recurring joke around here.

~"Have you seen so and so?"
    ~" Well, they're either in jail or FL."
    ~"rolmao"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2009