Does this make me old?

Its 11 pm nd Im waiting on cops to show up.Its warm in my house so I had my windows open when I hear screaming.It contiues...so I go outside to see the commotion...a bunch of kids appear to be around the age of 10 playing outside SCREAMING and playing tag.Idk but this bothers me!The police who answered the phone showed appreciation for the call by calling the parents a bunch of hoosiers and "grat parents" sarcasticlly.i really had a hard time calling the cops on them because I thought what if its spring break none the less 11pm is way too late!

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 12:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Shit...I didn't get to stay outside until 11pm until I was like 16!! Yeah, the cops needed to be called cuz if you would have said something to the kids, your place would have been TPed, egged or worse! Damn kids!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No that doesn't make you old. 10 yr olds have no bussiness being out that late period. School night or not. JMO, but the latest a child under 16 should be out is 9-9:30 PM on weekends/vacations. and depending on the age, 8 PM on school nights.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with PP. Does not make you old...just a sensible mother. Those are hard to find these days. LOL.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No it does not!!! I'm 28 and it bothers me to no avail that kids are out beyond when the street lights come on!!! Where are the parents! Night time in the streets is asking for all sorts of problems! I could never feel safe enough to just let my kids hang out until they felt it was time to come home! I'm an 80's baby and wish times had not changed but they have and with it so have the kids!!! Life is too short not to care about these kids. Now from my mommy stand point I'd say if they continue call the authorities. You want to play then you have to pay. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You are not old. I am sure that your city has a curfew. These children need new parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You're not old. You did the right thing. Hopefully, the parents of those children will see this as a wake-up call and make some changes before the police have to show up at their house with different and very bad news.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No you are not old. I am not sure I would have gone so far as to call the cops though. I probably would have gone out and made up some excuse to the kids about why they needed to be quiet or go somewhere else. And rkoloms why are you SURE her city has a curfew? Very few of the cities/towns around me have one.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Could you not have asked them to all go home instead of involving the cops? Seems a bit extreme for kids playing tag. Yes, they should be safely home in bed at that hour. Criminal activity? No.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 8:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It means that you are wise, and wisdom has not a whole lot to do with age. Unfortunately, there are too many unwise parents today, and they are of varied age. Age just happens--wisdom is acquired.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would have called the cops too...you have to consider your child and the others in the neighborhood who are trying to sleep. We have a curfew in our town that he kids have to be off the street by a certain time but they can still be in their yards...we do have a noise curfew as well...the kids would be in violation of that law at 11 pm at night.

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009