Period after miscarriage?

I miscarried on St. Pattys day and just got my first period after it on April 19th so should i go by what my cycle was before to estimate when i ovulate? Do your periods go back to normal right away? Or should i just use an opk? i don't like using them cause it seems like it puts too much pressure on it. but would it be better too?

sorry so long

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 12:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• After my first, my cylce was the same as before. My body did not skip a beat.You could always use the OPK for one month just to see if your back to "normal" and then try after that on your own. Funny you asked this question...I am waiting for my period to come after a miscarriage on March 30 so we are in the same boat!
    Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Some women find that their cycle completely changes after a miscarriage. Others don't see any change at all. I'd either chart for a couple months or use an opk, not to have sex and get pregnant but just to know what's going on.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i have two miscarriages in 7 mos and with the first one i got my period exactly 4 weeks to the day, next miscarriage i got my period 4 weeks and 3 days after my d and c
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 9:27 PM on May. 6, 2009